Custom Search

Resolved Windows Media Player always updating library issue

Discussion in 'Audio and Video' started by Creasy, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creasy Member

Message Count:
    It seems that everytime when I open up the Window Media Player in Windows 7 it will update my music library yet all of the music is in the library already but I notice that it keeps updating the library. Is this a problem with the Media Player, should it be doing this evertime I open the windows media player? I always Install my Windows Updates and check regularly too so I know it is up to date in that respect. Is there a way to stop this from happening or fix the problem if it is a problem?

Thanks
  2. Makcalable I Only Know What I Know

Message Count:
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
    Your Windows Media Player will always Update your Library as it is set by default to Retrieve Media Information from the internet. What happens is when you open up Windows Media Player it will perform a scan for new information for your Media files and then it will Retrieve this information from the Internet to update all current files too therefore your Windows Media Player will update accordingly.

It will take from a few seconds to maybe a minute depending on how much new or changed data there may be.

So this isn't an issue so no need to worry there.

Now you can Disable the Windows Media Player from Updating in this way....... Open Windows Media Player > Tools > Options

Please Note if you do not see the Menu Bar you can either Right Click the Arrow Buttons at the top Left and Select Options from here.

1.png

Then a New Window will Open

Here Select Library and Deselect Retrieve Media Information from the internet or whatever you wish to Disbale, once finished Click Apply and then OK.

2.png

That's it, so it is quite normal for Windows Media Player to Update regularly :wink:
  3. Creasy Member

Message Count:
    Well it's a relief that there isn't a problem :dance:

Thanks for this as I have now turned the retrieval information off as it was annoying me and seems to have fixed my annoyance :happy:

:goodjob:
  4. Makcalable I Only Know What I Know

Message Count:
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
    Great news and as usual we are glad your issue has now been Resolved. This thread has now been Marked Resolved and has been Closed.

If the problem/issue re-occurs then please start a New Thread and if it has any bearing on your Original Thread then please state this Thread (URL) in your New Thread and a member of staff will either supply the link to the original post or re-open the original thread.

Thank you :happy:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.