Custom Search

Download Internet Browsers Downloads

Discussion in 'Web Browsing, Email & Other Internet Applications' started by Makcalable, Feb 15, 2011.

1. beingwell Member

Message Count:
    I use Google most of the time. I find it a better browser than FF and IE. On the other hand, I haven't tried Safari just yet. I wonder if it would work fine with my PC. I'm using a Home Vista Premium OS.
  2. wjack2010 Member

Message Count:
    Google Chrome is the best because it not only is provided and developed by the all famous Search giant Google but the web browser it self is elegant, fast and is a very simple web browser to use with no complexity at all.
  3. Promo Member

Message Count:
    I personally use Mozilla Firefox because it has many security add-ons that I can't live without such as Noscript and Adblock, which has bestowed upon a more secured user experience. Although I primarily use Firefox, sometimes it does get a bit sluggish, so I occasionally opt for Chrome for its faster browsing.
  4. Mesmerized Active Member

Message Count:
    I use Chrome and Firefox. IE is the worst. Chrome is the best in speed. Firefox is the best in security and add ons
  5. vest007 Member

Message Count:
    Only noobs with no technical knowledge use IE nowadays. IE's days are over. They are surviving just because of MS. 90% of the users with some sort of technical knowledge use either Chrome or Firefox. Quite deserving for IE, a sidekick from those ever-greedy MS guys. I am still waiting for the Chrome OS to kick out Windows OS from picture, and I am hopeful that it will occur within the next 2 years.
  6. man007 Member

Message Count:
    This is the first time I hear about konqueror browser. Anyway, FireFox is the best and that's because I can use hundreds of add-ons with it...
  7. vest007 Member

Message Count:
    The last time I used Konqueror was in 2005, when I was using Red Hat's Fedora OS for most of the time. A sweet browser, quite like the operating system. May not be comparable with FF, but much better than IE, with a really good loading time.

Chrome extensions are as good as Mozilla add-ons. Still in their initial stages, but I am sure it will go to great heights.
  8. kaka135 Member

Message Count:
    Me too. I used to use Firefox to surf net, but then I found it's quite slow to even launch the program, after I have started to use Chrome. But, I like the Firebug for Firefox, I use Firefox whenever I want that feature. Other than that, I usually use Chrome. ^_^
  9. MyDigitalpoint DP Mystique

Message Count:
    Operating System:
    Windows XP
    Since I have to work with cross-browser compliance in mind, I use Internet Explorer 6 & 8, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and 4.0.1, Maxthon, Opera and Safari latest versions.

While I also have installed Google Chrome, I have stopped using it for surfing due to its malicious coding that communicates with Google to invade your privacy, so I opted for a better alternative SRware Iron, which is a web browser based on the same Chromium source used by Google, with similar interface but without the vices that Google Chrome has.

You can read here why you should better avoid using Google Chrome; http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php
  10. vest007 Member

Message Count:
    I don't quite understand what you are saying. I know Google stores all the web search results by the IP. Other than that how do they invade your privacy? I haven't noticed any suspicious activity from Chrome yet.
  11. soccerbai123 Member

Message Count:
    I normally use Google Chomr Canary since it is very fast for me but when some sites does not work, I use Mozilla Firefox Nightly which is also fast. I believe Chrome and Firefox are the fastest browser as of this time.

Oh yeah, Orca is also fast. Not that user friendly for me though
  12. Chance Peters Active Member

Message Count:
    I use Firefox on my computers. I have Chrome at work though, I like it but I still stick with FF above others.
  13. lilbear Member

Message Count:
    Google Chrome is my favorite! It's so user-friendly, and can easily customize. While Shockwave occasionally crashes, it is well worth the easy use and fast searches! :happy:
  14. shinokk Newbie

Message Count:
    I have IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera installed on my computer, but I mainly use Firefox since I've been using it the first time I got internet connection. Chrome is kinda slow on my PC, that's a bit strange since everyone says it's much faster than Firefox. Lately Firefox has been a bit buggy for me, it sometimes stops responding for 2 minutes and then starts responding again (especially when I try to delete my browsing history), so I've been thinking of switching to Chrome.

But now, after reading that I'm definitely going to avoid Chrome and if I decide to switch from Firefox it will probably be Opera. I hate the fact that Google is slowly overtaking the whole internet industry.
  15. Rattandeep Member

Message Count:
    Well I've used chrome, opera and firefox a lot, and if I have to choose the best then I will go for opera, its simple, fast and I love the interface. Although firefox have a large number of add ons to choose from yet I don't like it much, as most of the add ons are not very useful to me. So I prefer Opera, it has good features and can open mobile sites too.
  16. MartiNikovski Newbie

Message Count:
    Many people I know use Internet Explorer but, personally, I don't like it. It seems too slow, too "heavy" to work with. That's why I browse the Internet using Mozilla Firefox... I think that it's really one of the best alternatives if you want a fast and safe browsing... I was using Google Chrome for some time.. In the beginning it was very good but the more I used it, the slower it became, so I uninstalled it!
    Best regads, MartiNikovski
  17. Cecil Estrera Active Member

Message Count:
    I don't like Firefox as well. It works really slow on my PC.
    I prefer using Chrome at the moment.
    It's faster and more reliable than Firefox and Internet Explorer.
    Though I haven't tried Safari, Opera and Konqueror.
  18. ace Member

Message Count:
    I use firefox and it works very well. It has good security and good speed although it a not as fast as chrome.
  19. wendellvan Member

Message Count:
    I use Firefox and Chrome alternately. Sometimes I'm so annoyed when Firefox just eats too much processing when they're not closed for a long period of time unlike Chrome which is faster and easier to use. I just use my Firefox if I needed to use a plug-in for a specific task.
  20. Matt Member

Message Count:
    Great post! I use Firefox because it is a lot faster than chrome. I use chrome as an alternative to view forums as a guest because firefox remembers my passwords.