Custom Search

Anonymous Internet Search - Top 5 Anonymous Search Engines

Discussion in 'Web Browsing, Email & Other Internet Applications' started by Makcalable, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Makcalable I Only Know What I Know

Message Count:
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
    Anonymous Internet search - Top 5 Anonymous Search Engines

4.png

Please Note: These Search Engines do not eliminate Monitoring, Track and Trace completely but hey can help reduce it!

Ok lets take a quick look at the sort of information is used to track and trace you on the Web by some of the Search Engines you use.

• IP Address
    • Date, Time and location
    • Your Search Terms
    • Cookies

Now these are just a selected few things that are used to track and trace you on the Web, as far as your IP Address goes this can be traced straight back to you and your precise location by reverse DNS and that is just the start of it.

From when you start keying in your Searches you are automatically recorded by date, time and location and all your key searches will be logged and kept even if you think you have removed all cookies from your computer and Browsers. From Keywords to all kinds of search terms used are all stored by Google.

How cookies actually work, there is a unique code that is embedded into the cookie or several cookies and these are assigned to a particular computer by the search engine, this will allow a search engine to learn every time if and when requests come from a computer, providing of course if that identifiable cookies that are still stored in the browser.

It doesn't just stop there and to be brutally honest there is no way to become completely anonymous on the Web as long as you are associated with online Email, social networking sites, blogs, forums etc etc. Your computer itself hold a very unique identification number and this is created as soon as an Operating System is Installed on a computer, most people think this is solely for the purpose of identification number from activation, well, yes this is also true but it is also assigned to keep track of computers during various operations via activation and online activities also.

You are tracked and traced and sometimes monitored from Software, Internet and your Personal Computer. We have been chipped in more ways than one in many other variations from PC's, Mobile Devices and many many more things which I won't get into here but they all serve the same purpose.

• Here are the Top 5 Search Engines to Help Prevent Being Tracked and Traced Online;

Ixquick Search Engine
    Ixquick Protects Your Privacy!

1.png

Startpage Search Engine
    Startpage Protects Your Privacy!

2.png

DuckDuckGo
    About DuckDuckGo

3.png

Google Encrypted

4.png

Scroogle
    About Scroogle

5.png

You can also help secure your privacy with a wide range of Addons and Extension for your Browser's too, here are selected Browser Addons and Extensions;

Full List Of Secure Browsing Addons For Firefox Here

Full List Of Secure Browsing Extensions For Chrome

Opera Extension Here
    Safari Addons Here
  2. xanaxnwine Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Starter (32 bit)
    Luckily I have a dynamic IP so good luck to them tracing where I am :p Thanks for the tips! I'll bookmark Google Encrypted. With Google's new privacy settings I'm definitely not happy with them knowing what I'm looking for.
  3. NBK*Twitch Person Of All Kinds

Message Count:
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 & Opensuse 12.1
    Just because you have a dynamic ip does not make you untraceable.

@OP Thanks for nice list Makcalable.
    Makcalable likes this.
  4. Makcalable I Only Know What I Know

Message Count:
    Operating System:

It can still be tracked and trace, isn't doesn't matter what kind of IP you have you are identified by your IP and then ISP, cookies in your browser are still linked to your computer and your browser, so don't get fooled into think you won't be tracked. :wink:

Edit

you beat me to it Twitch :wink:
  5. Jessi Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I kinda feel like something like Google Encrypted would still track me anyway. It just doesn't seem like they'd intentionally let us fly under the radar through their own system.

And I love the name Scroogle, ha. Nice little jab there.
  6. Makcalable I Only Know What I Know

Message Count:
    Operating System:

Well as I stated before there is no way to stop all track and trace no matter what, you just have to try 'prevent' this in the best ways you can.

These Search Engines and Addons do not Fully Stop Track and Trace.

It is always best to read 'all' privacy statements in everything these days.
  7. xanaxnwine Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Starter (32 bit)
    I have 2 different ISPs with different locations (different towns actually) and perform most searches in the Incognito windows, so that they can't read or store cookies. Do I still beat the Google? :p
  8. Makcalable I Only Know What I Know

Message Count:
    Operating System:

Your 2 different ISPs with different locations are tied to your computers and not to mention your ISP wouldn't lie, no matter what, incognito doesn't really protect you like you would think, read the small print :happy:

These days there is no such thing as complete anonymity, you can reduce, prevent some of the privacy claws but not all :happy:
  9. pixelpro Active Member

Message Count:
    If I'm in the mood not to be traced, I usually use my VPN (German 100mb/s server) which has a choice of 10 IP'S then ontop of that, I can use a VPN I got a subscription for, adding 34 greman Ip's and 2 NL , although its a bit slow.
    Nice thread here tho Makcalable :wink:
  10. cotyf123 Member

Message Count:
    Operating System:
    Mac OSX Lion
    Google encrypted and Scroogle sound good, I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the list I haven't heard of some of those. It's nice to be able to browse and know that you aren't being watched or having your information tracked. It's just an invasion of privacy.